Cape Town Opera is looking for a full time Music Administrator to work with our chorus, ad hoc singers and general artistic 2016/2017 program.
JOB VACANCY: CAPE TOWN OPERA MUSIC ADMINISTRATOR
Here are the skills and duties listed for the Music Administrator candidate:
– Have a general understanding and ability to read music
– Report to the Chorus Master and the Artistic Administrator
– Manage the music library
– Arrange all chorus auditions
– Copy and bind music scores for chorus members, soloists, surtitles and stage manager
– Communicate with chorus and other CTO departments
– Liaise with HR regarding chorus contracts
– Source and manage children’s choruses and supers
– Liaise with CTO Transport Manager regarding chorus transport
– Draw up, print and manage sign-in sheets and attendance registers
– Liaise with Accounting Department in reference to attendance
– Assist CTO artistic department with additional duties as required
– Be competent in Word, Excel, internet research
– Be in possession of a valid SA Driver’s licence
This is a full time position, which may take place during normal working hours, on weekends and/or in the evenings. Applicants must have flexible schedule to accommodate this and must provide their own transport to/from CTO offices at Artscape. This is a one-year contract effective immediately.
Please submit a CV, covering letter and at least 2 contactable references to CTO’s HR Administrator [email protected] The closing date is August 31.